So, today was the day. First day at school. I took a pic on my phone but am not sure how to upload those on here so I'll describe it a bit. :) It's massive. There are about 1150 students! That is a lot! Especially thinking about the 18 of us students that were in King's Commission in Canada- 12 years ago! It's like going to a huge conference, every day. Actually, as we were waiting to get out of the parking lot, after school, one of my friends said "It's like getting out of a concert- every day!" Yah. Actually, if any of you recall my lovely story from waiting to get out of the 4H Fair in July, that's what I was thinking of! lol! It's not my most favorite thing to wait in long lines, while in the car, after a long day. :) Anyway, we decided we will just have a little read session in the lawn, as we wait 30 minutes for the parking lot to clear. Much more relaxing that way! :)
So, school. Wow. So many people, really hungry and seeking after the Lord and what He's after! It's just so cool, and quite frankly, overwhelming. I know that this year will be intense and wonderful and stretching and amazing, all at the same time! It's definitely not going to be a lazy year! In fact, I will have to guard my time carefully, lest I get left with no alone time at all!
I have now been here about 4.5 weeks and it's so amazing that I have friends who feel like we've been friends for years and years! We just keep saying that it feels like we're in some funky time warp, where God speeds us through things so fast that relationships bloom quicker than they normally would! It's really great! I'm so grateful for this little community I live in! There are quite a few students in the apartments right around me and it's been such a blessing! God is definitely showing me that He won't let me feel disconnected this year and that He is surrounding me with people to help lift me up, and for me to help lift up, as we go through this incredible year of learning more and more and more of Him!
The different cultures that I'm surrounded by are amazing as well! Today, when Kris V. asked how many of us were from different countries, I'm not kidding that I think more people raised their hands than those of us that didn't! WOW! Just so cool! Really! It's like a huge dose of traveling the world, while staying right here! :)
A few things: I came here early, in search of a job. I have yet to find one. :) Except, I have been getting more and more people who want haircuts. Which is great. It's actually something I've been trying not to get stressed about because for right now, I am cutting hair on our patio. It's hot outside. No, not humid, so it's nicer in the shade, but if it's in the 90's outside, it still feels warm, yeah? :) And I need to know how to manage my time for hair appointments. Figuring this out is something I would definitely appreciate your prayers on! I'm realizing just how much time we will be consumed with school and school work! Which is great- how much opportunity we have to learn and gain so much wisdom! But I need wisdom in how to do "work" and social time and all.
As I was praying about finances the other day, I felt like I was supposed to try selling my car. It's something that actually makes me sad, when I really think about it. Because it will be giving up my independence , so much so! And let's face it, I've had this car for over 7 years now and I love her! ;) But, I will do what it takes because I know that this is where I'm supposed to be and right now is when I'm supposed to be here! God has called me, so He will continue to provide! This is the first time in my life (I think) that I am really living by faith (and feeling like I have very little of it) when it comes to finances. The money is just not there, and so God has to bring it in, as I need it. Actually, if you have any desire to donate any to my school, you can do it easily online. Just go to www.ibssm.org and click on "donate online" and then type in my name (first and last). Easy Peasy. :) I still need about $1,800 in order to pay off school. But I'm trusting that where God calls me, He will provide the way!
This morning I realized that I was angry with God. Angry because I keep seeing and hearing how other people are without the money they need and so they pray. And then the next day, they wake up and the money is there, in their bank account! Wow! Amazing! But I've realized I've been angry because I pray and I try to trust and have faith that God will provide, but the money doesn't show up. No mysterious deposits into my account. No random checks in the mail. BUT, today that changed. God is showing me Himself, little by little. It's like He doesn't want to overwhelm me with how great and amazing He really is, so He's showing me bits and pieces of Himself, over time! How cool?! :)
So, today, money showed up! HAHA! Not a ton of money but plenty to cover bills for the rest of the month! :) God is so good! AND someone anonymously donated $50 to my school tuition! SERIOUSLY?! And this all happened today, after I had a little honest, HEART TO HEART session with Jesus. It's like He rewarded my honesty, no matter how ugly it was, with blessing! WOW! I'm crying just thinking about it! He's so cool! And I want to learn, more and more, that He is NEVER late!! He is never early! He is ALWAYS right on time!! Whooohoo! :)
Well, speaking of me having proper Time Management, it's now 12:16am. School again in the morning. And tomorrow is a LONG day! 10:30 til 5:45!
I hope you are all well! And know that (for those of you back home) I love and miss you dearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment