The above photos are pictures of what this blog is about. I am excited because the clouds that have consumed too much of my past, are moving on. Blue skies are coming more and more and it's exciting! Whatever bridges I need to cross to get closer to Jesus and deeper into intimate relationship with Him, I will take! I have decided. And the blue skies I see now are only a glimpse of the blue skies that are coming! It's not about what I can do but about what He is doing and will continue to do! He who began a good work in me, will complete it!
Things here may not always be easy. There are days where it feels like I might die to have to wait another 3 months to get my car back. There are times where it seems like there is still so much I have to learn that I don't know how I could possibly get to where I want to be. Some days, I cry a lot. Some tears are from joy that bubbles up and makes me excited for what God is doing in His Kingdom. Excited that His kingdom is here, now, on earth and amazing things (miracles) are happening! I get happy when I get another small glimpse of His love for me.
Some tears are not happy tears but tears of pain. It can definitely be painful to work through the past but it is so worth it! I want my past to help me now and in the future- and I refuse to let it hinder me! I will not stay in the past. But moving forward can be difficult at times. Breaking old mindsets doesn't usually happen overnight but PRAISE GOD that He is even SHOWING me those negative mindsets that DO need to change! Thank you, Jesus, that you are willing to show me the areas that need tweaking and that you are not willing to let me stay there. Thank you Lord for the grace you give me, each day (even when I don't recognize it) to keep going- even if it's just one step forward. Even if it's just staying standing instead of sitting down and giving up. This is all because of you, God!
It isn't easy being so far from my family- especially when there are babies who are growing WAY too quickly! It's downright awful, at times. But it's worth it! I say it's worth it because this, right here, right now, is where I know I need to be. Here is where I know I will more quickly grow in my intimacy with Jesus. This is where I will learn heaps and heaps of who God is and who I am in Him. This is where I will continue to find my health! If I want to see my dreams come true, then I must first be a free woman! Free of old/negative mindsets! Free of the lies that hindered me too long! Free of the performance mentality that wants to trip me up! Free to run after all that I want! Free to chase after dreams that I thought were long dead! Free to chase after dreams and ideas that I never even realized existed! Free to be completely open and honest with my God and my friends/family around me! Free to depend on others and let them depend on me! Free to express, to others, the amazing love of Jesus because of how MUCH I know it, for myself!
So, yes. I know I am where I need to be! For now. I don't know where I will be, 5 or even 2 years from now. But I'm excited to find out! And today I have decided- I am applying for 2nd year! This first year (so far) has been wild and not all 'kittens and rainbows' but one thing is for certain, I can only be a better ME, on the other side of this! So why not do another year?! :)
"And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you." Philippians 1:6 (amplified)
Grace = giving favor that is not deserved

You nailed it. I want all that freedom too. You're an amazing woman. Thank you for leaving family and home to come to Redding. We're blessed to have you in our lives.
ReplyDeleteAwwww seriously! I say the same to you guys!!! This is for life! :)
DeleteI am so proud of you, friend! You are an absolutely beautiful woman of God. He is so pleased with your obedience and faith! I can't wait to hear more about life in Cali. I love you!!!!
ReplyDelete