Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Shall we continue???

I've opened this page to start a new post, several times in the last few weeks. And yet nothing has been written......until now. But I'm not exactly sure what I want to write down, today....

Some days I think about what I want to write and "vent" and then I think that it's just too much, too honest, too raw, to put out there, on the WORLD WIDE web, for anyone and their brother to read. But then I remember, I have given several disclaimers to what you will find in my blog posts and that I will most definitely be raw and real and maybe even offensive to some. But then I realize, I say all of that, thinking I can put all my thoughts and emotions out there, laid open, for all to see and not care or worry about what others will think of me once they read it. And the truth is, that's not really true. I DO care what others think about me. Unfortunately? Fortunately? Both. I should care, to a certain extent, what others think about me, because if people see me as a harsh person who doesn't love, then I am definitely doing something wrong. BUT I also can't live my life being worried about what others will think of me. I need to have the confidence in myself to know that, no matter what, I am an amazing woman who has so much to offer this world!

A friend of mine posted something on her facebook page today that caught my eye! It's basically positive declarations.


Residing in me are the attributes of precious diamonds. 
Like a diamond, I am uniquely created. 
There is no other diamond quite like me. 
I am precious. 
I have a sense of worth. 
I am valuable. 
I am loveable and capable. 
Like a diamond, I reflect light, and bring warmth and color to all who see me.

If I started saying these amazing and TRUE truths (and others) over myself, often, how different I would be! My words and thoughts are powerful. This I know. And yet all too often, I allow myself to think thoughts (and sometimes even say words) that are not true about me and that do not build me up. May 2014 be the year that I am really able to say and declare, with ease, just how amazing I am!!









So, I will continue to blog.......


I recently found a blogger who has been inspiring me. Here is her blog. Go check her out because from what I've read so far, she is quite the cool chick! I mean, she loves Jesus AND she swears! A girl after my own heart! ;) She is not afraid to tell it like it is and be honest and open about the realities of living this life for Jesus while at the same time, being a real person. We don't all fit into the same box, on purpose! We are all created uniquely and yet we are all created in the likeness of God himself! So, surely we can find a way to do this life in a way that honors each and every person as they walk the road set before them! 

This reminds me of a sweet little old lady that has been on Ellen DeGeneres' show. Hilarious! Skip to about 3:50 if you want the main point! :)




So, if this blogging thang really is one of the ways that helps me do life, then okay. I'll continue to push myself to be real and honest and open.............




No comments:

Post a Comment