So, here is a heart. This heart is one amazing heart. A heart so full of love and joy and peace and acceptance and comfort. A heart that I want to know more. I want to go deeper into this heart. I want to know the depths of this heart. I want to have THIS heart inside of me! This is a picture of the Father's heart. My roommate drew this picture, in a prophetic art class, not knowing that it was for me. Until she got home and realized it was for me. She shared it with me and I really loved it. BUT it wasn't until I went to the church service that night that I realized how key this picture really was. This was a reminder of what my heart has been longing for, for a long time. It's something that has gotten pushed aside, in the hum drum of normal life. It's something that, at times, I decided wasn't worth the effort. It's something that fear was keeping me back from experiencing. But this weekend, this has come back to me! And IT. IS. GOOD. :)
Let me explain.
So, it started with this picture and then during worship, I was reminded of it all during the song CLOSER
(just click on "Closer" and it will open up the song in a new window)
We were singing this song and as I was singing it I realized what I was singing. And I was like "YES!" this is what I want! This is what I have ALWAYS wanted!! I have always told The Lord that I want to know His heart, inside and out! I want to know His heart, so deep and know how amazing and loving it is! I want to know His heart, above all else! Actually, I realized I was singing "There's nothing I want more than to know your heart! Nothing!" WHOA! There it was! That has been the cry of my heart, since I was 18 and really came into that real relationship with Jesus.
See, I grew up in the church. But it wasn't until I was 18 that I really made that full commitment to Him and it all became so real. It was no longer a list of do's and don'ts but it was a real relationship with someone! With the One who made me! The One who had always loved me- even when I didn't know it! And once I fully committed myself to Him, I realized that my heart was crying out to know HIS heart- deeply and fully!
Even though that hearts cry has gotten muffled at times over the past 14 years (WOWSERS! REALLY?!) But it has always been there! In the deep of my heart! And now, again, deep is crying out to deep and calling forth that desire in me, to know Father God's heart! To know His heart more than I know anything else! And yet, the more I know His heart, the more I will know more and more!
So, this picture, that my roommate drew for me, is a picture of God's heart. And He is saying that it is a safe and cozy place. A place that feels so cozy, like when there's a warm fire burning in the fire place and a comfy cozy chair to relax in. He is opening up His heart for me to crawl inside and just be. His heart is safe. His heart is SAFE! His HEART is SAFE! So, here we go again! I want to go deeper, Lord. Deeper into your heart! Deeper into what your heart is ALL about! I want to have YOUR heart in me!
God is good! God is in a good mood- All the time! He is never disappointed with us! He loves to love us! He wants us to crawl inside of His heart and rest!
The Lyrics to the song:
Your love has ravished my heart
And taken me over,
It's taken me over
And all I want is to be
With You forever,
With You forever
Pull me a little closer,
Take me a little deeper.
I want to know Your heart,
I want to know Your heart
Your love is so much sweeter
Than anything I have tasted.
I want to know Your heart.
Your love is so much stronger
Than anything I'm facing.
I want to know your heart
Part of the skies one day when the clouds made rain seem imminent! But on this day, it never did rain. Actually, it has only rained twice since I got here on August 10th. WOW! You're not in Indiana anymore! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment