Well, this is for those of you that aren't on facebook to see the photos I posted there. We'll see how fast I can upload photos to blogger though. You might just get the condensed photo version- but it will be the expanded, text version! More info, less photos? :)
I guess I didn't take any photos on our first travel day. Let's face it. We left Goshen at about 5:30am and I was on about 3 hours of sleep. PLUS what's new to see in Illinois and Iowa? nada! :) These are a taste of the sunflower fields in South Dakota (much like the ones in North Dakota that I used to pass on my way to Winnipeg)! Gorgeous- but photos do it no justice. :)
Carla was my traveling buddy for this amazing road trip across most of Northern USA!
We decided to visit The Badlands since it was so close! And I'm glad we did! It was quite amazing!
This is an up-close of the ground in the Badlands. So dry and desolate. And yet, so beautiful at the same time! How creative our God is that He creates from one end of the spectrum to the other and everything in between and outside the box! :)
Trying to capture how far these pointy, jagged, dry, rocks and sand went!
Oh yeah. Once we were in Iowa we started noticing a TON of bikers that were traveling the highways with us! We just figured, eh, it's summertime so they're out and about. But soon it became more and more apparent that this was more than just a handful of bikers, there were literally thousands of them and they all seemed to be going the same way. So, I suddenly remembered someone once telling me that there is a bike festival (is that what you call it?) every year, in Sturgis, South Dakota. Well, this is what was happening (don't worry, I asked). :) We showed up at our hotel in Mitchell, South Dakota (which is just inside the South/East corner of the state) and HOLY COW! The parking lot hardly had any cars in it, because it was filled with bikes! Well, actually, the bikes were mostly packed in under the overhang/drive up at the main entrance! Yeah, that thrilled me to no end, to have to dance through all the bikes to get in and out of the hotel. One more than one occasion, (with a smile on my face) I may have muttered something to the likes of "Kinda makes me wanna push one over and watch the dominoes fall...." :) But I refrained. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment