Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where's the line?

Okay, I'm struggling a bit right now and just feel like getting it out. Be forwarned, this may be one of those times that I'm a bit "raw". :)


So, today I was going to also post photos of outside of my apartment and my front door and area but I decided against it. No matter that some people call people like me crazy, the truth of the matter is, we cannot be flippant on the internet with any and all of our information! I realize that, most likely, nothing would happen from me posting photos of where I live (on the outside) on the internet but I also know that there is still a lot of evil in this world and so I need to use the wisdom that God has given me. So I choose to not put all my info out there for the world to read. I know others that do the same thing. On facebook I am usually careful about doing so as well. In fact, for the first time, I just put on my facebook page where I'm currently living and where I'm from. I don't know what caused me to do that except that it seemed to help with getting to know all the other students that I'll be going to class with. I still think I may change it back. Not sure.

No, I am not being paranoid. I don't think so anyway. I feel like I am just having common sense about stuff. It's not like my mind goes down these rabbit trails of what could happen if I did or didn't do "this"! I simply try to realize what the wise thing would be for each situation. 


Now. There is a situation at my apartment. There is no light in the parking lot where I park. The parking lot is right between my building and the next building. Yes, my building's four units have 3 that are only students from my school. And yes, the other building has four units which house ONLY students from my school. BUT, not having a light, is just dumb, in my opinion. Not only does it make it not as safe for myself and other girls (and guys) who are coming in late, but it also doesn't make it safe for our cars to be setting out there all night without any lights.

Okay. The line.

God is our protector. God is everywhere at all times. And if God is for us, who can be against us?! No one. The enemy is below our feet. Yes. I know that these are true. I do. I believe them. But I'm sure I still have some trust issues (that will be getting worked out!) and don't always live out that trust that I say I have, in the Lord.


 But you see, it's a fine line, I think, between just walking in that trust that God will take care of and protect me, and using the brains He gave me! 

Is anyone still with me? 

Have any (kind) thoughts? I'm feeling a bit emotional.........:)

God is good. No matter what!


5 comments:

  1. Hey Karisa,

    You're right, it is a fine line. Ask the landlord or school or whoever owns the building to install a motion-sensor light, and tell them why. If they refuse, see if you can jimmy-rig one of your own. If that's a no go, then you tried using your God-given common sense and continue to trust in Him. That's what I'd do, anyway.
    What city are you in again? I looked in older posts but didn't see it, probably my old age!

    God be with you,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did ask the manager/landlord- several times- about what we can do about a light. It's a super busy time right now for them, as students are coming all the time! So, we shall see. :) Thanks Josh!

      Delete
  2. Yes God WILL protect you but it's also good to have lights! I agree with Josh and will add, "always carry a small flashlight with you!"
    I love your blog..... it is amazing and makes me feel like you are right next to me. :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GLad you're enjoying it, mamasita! And I do have a little flashlight on my key chain. Comes in handy! :) Love you!

      Delete
  3. God also calls us to use wisdom. Wisdom says that a lighted parking lot is a good idea - for a vast number of reasons, not just because someone might be afraid of the boogyman. I don't think it is unreasonable to inquire about lighting for the parking lot. However, remember that you catch more flies with honey (i.e. the tone and attitude in which you ask can make or break whether or not you are heard and taken seriously). Also agreeing with your mom that a flashlight would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete